"Stop sending me discord friend requests, I will not add your grooming ass"Kattarina Qutie
  • Stress test complete for now, posting has been reenabled.
  • I am unironically begging vtubers to stop reading imageboards. Your lives will immediately and tangibly improve. You know who you are.

Phase Connect Gen 3 Speculation and Liveposting thread

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
Very familiar voice to me at 09 and 14-15. I think. I don't want to be overly optimistic because I'm doubting myself due to bias, am I just hearing what I want to hear?:beatanilooking:
Bob, my good man... I'm praying for you.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Very familiar voice to me at 09 and 14-15. I think. I don't want to be overly optimistic because I'm doubting myself due to bias, am I just hearing what I want to hear?:beatanilooking:
I believe in you bob

Bronze

I don't want someone with actual schizoid personality disorder to join phase. It would be bad for everybody.
its hard to hear, but I haven't heard mikeneko's voice yet so we should be fine :smugina:

God's Fattest Moojisan

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
I don't want someone with actual schizoid personality disorder to join phase. It would be bad for everybody.
I don't know. Shondo in phase would be pretty fun, wouldn't end well but still entertaining.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Although I'd be happy with a bear, I do admittedly have difficulties picturing any of those models with the bear's personality, even if toned down.

hylic

its hard to hear, but I haven't heard mikeneko's voice yet so we should be fine :smugina:

schizoid personality disorder is not shizophrenia nor borderline personality disorder

I would not be surprised if phase JP ends up collabing with terametaru or project kawaii first.

Nenélove

Malding, seething and shitting
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
So watching a Raden clip made me think about this again

I was thinking more about the style of the art vs. the theme of the vtuber. For phase, the gapmoe of the character and the style of the art has had a positive influence for "pink rabbit" and "angry business suit fox". Lia changing the theme of her model vs. Lumi changing the style of her model is an ideal example of character vs. art. Some character art leans into tropes like Michi's big ass hat but others flip the script like Nasa having dragon hands. Unless the person is entertaining none of this matters but it's hard to know what people will become fans of.

Phase doesn't have to budget to blow on redesigns left and right like Cover with Irys - I still think her original model is outstanding - and others like Vesper/Magni/Nene/Flare etc. The Regloss model themes are pretty plain but the art style plays a big part in distinguishing them.

HLreglossgeneral.webp

Ao - Manga character style
Kanade - Clean illustration
Ririka - Also crisp illustration
JFT - muted version of their art - see Suntory Nomu
Hajime - Bright, somehow not oversaturated illustration
The makeup for JFT being obvious, the glow of Hajime and the mature eyes of Ao set these characters apart at first look. Kanade and Ririka are left to their personalities. These illustrators are all amazing but think about if Kanade and Ririka didn't look like characters from the same show...

The timing of this Phase generation seems really good though! Their character art make them seem like characters from the same show but that's OK as personality is key. I watch too many JP streamers and I am still really excited to see these new girls. Big wish - off collabs....

TL;DR Character design can synergize with or elevate a talent. The new gen might not get that boost as their character art has a similar "look and feel".
Interesting analysis, it is true that cohesion can elevate a gen, specially if a corpo is gen focused (as opposed to sporadic debuts or just buckshot releases with 0 attempts at cohesion), I do think Holo has changed their design philosophy when it comes to gens. Previous gens from the boom era 2019~ to 2021 tend to be very pick and mix so-to-say, with drastically different members that fit some vague theme (think JP gens 4, 5 and 6, EN and ID 1 and 2). The myth girls have -nothing- in common with one another design-wise, they're just "Urban fantasy" inspired, council is "Universal forces" but again no real cohesion.

Now if you look at Advent they have a very obvious cohesive element (some people even complained at how same-y they looked), so does Regloss and ID 3 to a lesser extent. Idk why Holo seemingly changed approach, but most of their new gens' lore always seems to include the detail that the members knew each other beforehand, which makes me feel that Holo's philosophy of design has become fomenting generational unity as opposed to shit like JP gen 2 where they have nothing to do with each other and used to barely even collab.

I don't think phase needs to sweat designs too much yet, comparing them to Holo is like In-and-Out vs McDonald's (saying nothing of the quality just scale), the JP members look like industry standard but that's to be expected, anything less would be fish shooting himself in the foot. Their success will be ultimately decided by 50% dumb luck and 50% raw talent, like everyone else's in this industry.
Sorry for going in this whole rant but an interesting discussion like this cannot be allowed to be swept away by banter and simping.

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
It is a far assessment, though I will add the unknown factor of corporate support. It's clear that Phase Connect is at the bare minimum competent, and though they are breaking into a tough market, the new girls have a pool of community members to take them past the roughest stage of YouTube growth. With this said, we need to measure success in this case with different metrics, as comparing them to Gen 3 is unfair, given the market differences. Personally, if they can all stabilize above 500cv, I'd call it a very strong start, as, given their ability to collaborate, they should be able to make room for further growth.

Bronze

schizoid personality disorder is not shizophrenia nor borderline personality disorder
Some symptoms sound relatable, but I digress.
I've brought her up because she's one talent I feel who can destroy a small corp by herself, not because it fits a disorder specifically(And as a joke cuz she probably wouldn't even think about it, thankfully). Pippa looks relatively stable compare to her, considering she even threw a stone at Henya of all people. I hope she achieves what she wants, and it would be far away from Phase.

Returning to topic, I have a feeling Loki may be heterochromic. Her snake definitely is.

kRggCEiS.jpg

Awoogers

Some symptoms sound relatable, but I digress.
I've brought her up because she's one talent I feel who can destroy a small corp by herself, not because it fits a disorder specifically(And as a joke cuz she probably wouldn't even think about it, thankfully). Pippa looks relatively stable compare to her, considering she even threw a stone at Henya of all people. I hope she achieves what she wants, and it would be far away from Phase.

Returning to topic, I have a feeling Loki may be heterochromic. Her snake definitely is.

kRggCEiS.jpg
HETEROCHROMATIC WOMEN

MY FAVORITE

Euthyphro

What did she mean by this?

This indicates that Clara is fluent enough in English to understand wordplay-dependent humor.

seenister

This indicates that Clara is fluent enough in English to understand wordplay-dependent humor.

I like her so much. A fucking shitposting bunny girl.

Awoogers

wait

is beatani fluent in english

seenister

wait

Beatanibros... You have to let go...

Yuu is really making me feel things with her design God DAMN.

Euthyphro

wait

Almost fluent. Obviously not on the level of Henya, but she got pretty far considering how a lot of her EN exposure came from being groomed by her fanbase. It's conceivable that her English has improved since then.

Beatanibros there's your extra dose of copium for today, on the house.

EDIT: A sample. Memes are always an interesting way to gauge fluency since outside of slapstick, humor requires a certain level of understanding a language:

To be fair, there was a point when everyone thought Dizzy/Urara was out of the VTubing business for good. No, I am not high on my own supply.

Last edited:

Awoogers

Yuu is really making me feel things with her design God DAMN.

i have hope

i was way late into the bear party but from the what i saw shes a whole bundle of fun

Bronze

There's also interest in Family Guy that may be used to make a guess. I've checked Beryl, as her EN is supposedly good, and no posts about it. She does look a bit like Memory, but it might be their hair color.

oh right beryl is also fluent in english isnt she
Yes, and she hasn't posted on Peari since before JP announcement. I was gonna say no activity but it seems she liked 2 tweets from Pandora recently

Last edited:

Awoogers

oh right beryl is also fluent in english isnt she

Euthyphro

Bronze

Well, we will never learn at this rate

Top Bottom