"In Japanese, I thought the meaning was -'We are eating sad crabs'-"Ookami Mio

TVA's DEADPOOL 2024 (and Morgue)

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Termination, techincally. She terminated the contract herself.
Termination is a forcible dissolution of the contract by the agency due to a breach of its terms, which in most cases merits an immediate stop to any vtuber activities.
I don't believe a situation like Serafi's has ever been documented, mostly because the agency did not take any action for quite a while, but as of today's notice it could be called a termination if we ignore Serafi completely, I don't doubt similar cases have played out in other agencies, we just never get to see it. The company is usually the one who announces it and the reason is never such a blunt "the talent terminated the contract".

The difference between "termination" and "graduation" is simply the speed and general mood. Both terminate the contract, since the vtuber is no longer going to be working for the agency, but graduations are generally either in good terms or neutral, in a broader sense of Japanese culture a graduation doesn't affect the talent's reputation as much as a termination. Graduations can also take a while, like Coco's month long tour of victory or the goodbye streams other vtubers get.
A termination is sudden, takes effect immediately, freezes all of the vtuber's accounts and carries no positive feelings whatsoever.

Neither term is all inclusive, universally consistent or without exceptions.

Tl;Dr: I agree. Termination seems fitting, even if it isn't conventional by any means.

Last edited:

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Termination is a forcible dissolution of the contract by the agency due to a breach of its terms, which in most cases merits an immediate stop to any vtuber activities.
I don't believe a situation like Serafi's has ever been documented, mostly because the agency did not take any action for quite a while, but as of today's notice it could be called a termination if we ignore Serafi completely, I don't doubt similar cases have played out in other agencies, we just never get to see it. The company is usually the one who announces it and the reason is never such a blunt "the talent terminated the contract".

Tl;Dr: I agree. Termination seems fitting, even if it isn't conventional by any means.
Termination/suspension of contract can be done unilaterally by any party. In this situation, it's "in the end, i found your contract garbage so i terminate it effective immediately despite anything that might be written in termination clause, cry about it", something along these lines.
It undermines company's credibility to say "our employee terminated/suspended the contract unilaterally", this is why we never see such wording.

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Termination/suspension of contract can be done unilaterally by any party. In this situation, it's "in the end, i found your contract garbage so i terminate it effective immediately despite anything that might be written in termination clause, cry about it", something along these lines.
Yeah but in this industry the talent doesn't (usually) decide which it is. This is V&U's fault for not taking control of her accounts, not addressing the situation immediately and imposing some ridiculous terms on her just to leave it all in limbo. Contract disputes shouldn't be discussed in public, and I say that as a lawyer.

Most companies (Hololive) will 1. lock down the talent's accounts 2. Assess the situation 3. Enter talks with the talent 4. Start a formal investigation if necessary 5. Decide on a course of action based on the events 6. Put out a public notice 7. Carry out the course of action decided on

There is, or should be, a process to it. V&U (and a lot of other agencies) having no fucking clue about how to deal with these matters is their own damn issue.

Last edited:

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Yeah but in this industry the talent doesn't (usually) decide which it is. This is V&U's fault for not taking control of her accounts, not addressing the situation immediately and imposing some ridiculous terms on her just to leave it all in limbo. Contract disputes shouldn't be discussed in public, and I say that as a lawyer.

Most companies (Hololive) will 1. lock down the talent's accounts 2. Assess the situation 3. Enter talks with the talent 4. Start a formal investigation if necessary 5. Decide on a course of action based on the events 6. Put out a public notice
I think it's all "obligatory bad actors of new industry" shit. I'm sure we will see many more leaks and public shit-flinging of varied legitimacy. It'll subside when all these contractual aspects will become common knowledge for both talents and agencies.
And maybe companies will learn that it's waaaay cheaper to just shut up, took an L and pay generously for silence.

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I think it's all "obligatory bad actors of new industry" shit. I'm sure we will see many more leaks and public shit-flinging of varied legitimacy. It'll subside when all these contractual aspects will become common knowledge for both talents and agencies.
And maybe companies will learn that it's waaaay cheaper to just shut up, took an L and pay generously for silence.
Eh? Companies will never be at the behest of individuals, they'd rather go bankrupt first. It's only a matter of time until some jew or chink begins trying to normalize replacing VAs and the normies allow it to happen.

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter

03/21/24​

Talent: Amano Serafi

Affiliation: V&U

Graduation date: Immediate​

DETAILS:​

Serafi's situation is a particular one. She's the one who, alledgedly, decided to finish her contract. Serafi was in the news a little while ago when one of her mods posted on discord that she wouldn't come back to streaming. The situation has evolved on the past few days and her former agency, V&U, decided to post a statement about this, making her graduation official. Among other things, the agency will not only be issuing refunds for SC's and Memberships from Dec 2023 onwards, but also will be pursuing legal action against Serafi.

Tweet - archive
dedicated thread

03/23/24​

Talent: Pochi Wanmaru

Affiliation: IDOL EN (gen 1)

Graduation date: Immediate​

Idol decided to terminate Pochi Wanmaru's contract after she made some tweets on her PL's profile claiming her "not starbucks" job wasn't paying her for the donothon she did back in december (said donothon was made to pay her expenses after moving to another country). She even went as far as to reply to some questions about aksing for refunds giving the "go ahead".
Sometime later Idol released their graduation statement, saying they talked things over in private with pochi, gave her the money they were witholding (because she still hasn't fulfilled most donothon goals, and they didn't want her to grab the money and leave without putting some work) while clearing the "misunderstandings", and will be giving refunds to donothon donors until april 10th because of this development.

Idol tweet - archive
Dedicated thread

03/24/24​

Agency: AKIO AIR

Disbanding date: Immediately

Who? The ones that hired a minor, that's who. Simply put, Akio Air posted a tweet announcing they'd stop their vtubing management activities immedately and chlaked it up to financial reasons (not having made back their investments and a "hostile enviroment against business owners".
Tweet - archive - dedicated thread

Last edited:

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
I've been away for a while and I'm still catching up to the main thread. As far as I know, there hasn't been any new important graduations to report, right?

UberSoldat

I've been away for a while and I'm still catching up to the main thread. As far as I know, there hasn't been any new important graduations to report, right?
Other than Shondo taking a medical hiatus I guess

Oh shit, you're right. It was also one of your bets.
Gotta keep an eye on her then. (I hope she doesn't graduate tho, her clips are funny)

Not a graduation so far

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
Other than Shondo taking a medical hiatus I guess
Oh shit, you're right. It was also one of your bets.
Gotta keep an eye on her then. (I hope she doesn't graduate tho, her clips are funny)

Xuhle

Naki is on indefinite hiatus.

One of the prism project girls.

Edit: hope that it for hololive or phase, and not nijisanji she's going to shes talented like a lot of the prism project girls.

Last edited:

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter

05/01/24​

Agency: MyHoloTV

Disbanding date: May 31st 2024 (kinda)

Malasyan vtubing agency MyHoloTV announced they'll be ceasing operations on May 31st. In a weird twist of events, this isn't portrayed as a permanent thing, but rather a hiatus for the remainder of 2024, because they simply have not enough money to keep operating as normal.
Because of this, the 4 remaining talents have chosen 2 paths.
  • Liliana Vampaia and Lunaris Urufi will renegotiate their contracts and will be kept under MyHoloTv, with very limited support.
  • Liolia Lightbringer has acquired the character's IP and will continue as an indie.
  • Karrot Keromi will go back to being -just- Karrot and continue as an indie.
MyHolo's socials will remain up until further notice. The agency is better known for having Miori Celesta and Marica Bellerose as former talents.

Tweet - Archive (not working)
GMewmdMb0AAgSM-.jpeg

Tamavitch

Pig in human clothing
Top Bottom