"Ted Kaczynski, like, before he started murdering people, he had like a couple good ideas. He kinda lost me at the murdering part though"Juniper Heartstrings

Termination of Yozora Mel

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
Supposedly according to /vt/ she said in the stream her past job and coworkers were great? There proof?

Edit: Oh god why the hell did she have to use that song?

This thread should be renamed "Termination of Yozora Mel and return of Rica" or something
I don't recall seeing anything that specific any chat translation I caught, but it's also possible that I missed it. Also possible the translators could only catch so much live. One of the unfortunate sides of not knowing moonrunes is that I can't really detail the things she actually said 100% accurately or anything. Could fully believe it though because as people have mentioned, the difference between her and other people leaving has been extremely obvious and most of Holo seemed to really like her. Management probably did too considering how cordial things have been and their comments as things first happened.

Willemshaven

Outlasted the Chinese Community Sinicization Group

Negzana

Rica: I think a huge reason I was able to recover from that place was thanks to be surrounded by those people. I told them afterwards, "sorry for making you worry" but they all said don't think anything like that! We're worried about you and we don't ask for anything more, we're glad you're better now.

White company confirmed?

Edit: She says she wants to change up her image a bit compared to Mel. I hope it doesn't mean coomerbait and she goes for something more wholesome

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Kakuya, someone who was live translating Mel's streams and tweets for years, has been translating Rica's stream today. Loyal fella here :gurasemperfi:
23559.png

And here's the full context of what Neg was saying. Rica's friends messaged her on LINE during her break and were a big part of why she was able to come back. She felt bad for worrying them but they were just happy that she's doing well. She also received messages from friends after she came back wishing her congratulations. They didn't want to message her during her break because they thought they'd be a bother. She was only grateful for all their warm messages. It almost felt like the incident didn't happen with how casually they were talking about hanging out and eating together.
23560.png

I am 100% positive Mio, Choco and 1st gen were some of those friends :sanasmile:

That said, she also said she received some stricter messages. They weren't hate but more so telling her why what she did was wrong. She felt like those messages were done with her interest in mind so she was okay with them. It got her to think about what it means to have fans supporting you. She can't pretend everything didn't happen but she can accept it, move on and repay everyone for their kindness. Her friends, her collab partners and her fans. She'll be taking things slow but she'll be doing her best.
23562.png

This girl's a goddamn sweetheart man. I'm glad she had proper support and was able to come back so strong.

Edit: She also just confirmed that she's been talking to Ayamy-mama since she's been in Japan recently. She also wants to work with her again. Ayamy takes the "mama" title to heart and was checking on Rica the whole time.
23564.png

Last edited:

Latte'Ninba

Early Adopter
Rica: I think a huge reason I was able to recover from that place was thanks to be surrounded by those people. I told them afterwards, "sorry for making you worry" but they all said don't think anything like that! We're worried about you and we don't ask for anything more, we're glad you're better now.

White company confirmed?

Edit: She says she wants to change up her image a bit compared to Mel. I hope it doesn't mean coomerbait and she goes for something more wholesome
Probably depends on what type of asmr streams she goes with since she's planning to start them up again. She did make a comment on seeing her real hair and says she'll do a camera stream on the 9th skimming back through the TL. We'll just have to see where she goes. Though personally it would be neat if she was able to do well without having to fallback on the lewd.

I was in the middle of doing what Shuba just did, but they did a better job than I was going to do anyway so just as well lol

Dawifet

I love my dumb dorky nephilim
Namirin's Husband
This is the best case scenario for a termination I've seen so far, I'm so happy she's doing ok given the circumstances

Negzana

This is the best case scenario for a termination I've seen so far, I'm so happy she's doing ok given the circumstances
Trying to think of every termination so far (As I write this, goddamnit why does she use that end song it's so sad)
  • Rushia: Absolutely insane, total shitshow roller coaster that gets more insane the further on from the initial event
  • Everything and Anything Involving Wactor: They doxed a talent they just fired, no comment
  • Zaion: Was unfairly executed and began the end of NijiEN
  • Riifu: Dumb slut being a dumb slut, now making a slut agency
  • Yuri: You dumb bitch
  • Riro Ron: So wild and insane it's hilarious
  • Selen: I'd argue this whole situation ranks up there with the Kizuna AI actress controversy, Holo-Caust, and Taiwan-Gate.
Mel's feels the tamest so far. In some ways that makes it the saddest for me. At least the others are either so rage-inducing or so insane that I can focus on being angry or laughing. Mel's just feels depressing.

Latte'Ninba

Early Adopter
Trying to think of every termination so far (As I write this, goddamnit why does she use that end song it's so sad)
  • Rushia: Absolutely insane, total shitshow roller coaster that gets more insane the further on from the initial event
  • Everything and Anything Involving Wactor: They doxed a talent they just fired, no comment
  • Zaion: Was unfairly executed and began the end of NijiEN
  • Riifu: Dumb slut being a dumb slut, now making a slut agency
  • Yuri: You dumb bitch
  • Riro Ron: So wild and insane it's hilarious
  • Selen: I'd argue this whole situation ranks up there with the Kizuna AI actress controversy, Holo-Caust, and Taiwan-Gate.
Mel's feels the tamest so far. In some ways that makes it the saddest for me. At least the others are either so rage-inducing or so insane that I can focus on being angry or laughing. Mel's just feels depressing.
Yugo's was basically Zaion lite. (Or whatever Unnamed's name was)
Pomu and Kyo were probably the safest ones.
Coco was still a result of some silly shit so cordial in writing only as far as anyone can tell.
Only others I can think of offhand. Not planning to go wild digging up every grave to compare.

Mel's probably hits different mostly because it seems like it wasn't even truly necessary but was still "necessary" from the circumstances. They did say they were willing to work with her after laying out some term changes but she still turned it down. The whole thing really made me appreciate the "Mio/Miso" soup thing more where I register I don't chase down most of HoloJP, but it's nice to see have them there for when there's nothing else I really need to watch. I can happily throw them on and still feel comfy or smile seeing them in hologra etc.

Negzana

Yugo's was basically Zaion lite. (Or whatever Unnamed's name was)
Pomu and Kyo were probably the safest ones.
Coco was still a result of some silly shit so cordial in writing only as far as anyone can tell.
Only others I can think of offhand. Not planning to go wild digging up every grave to compare.

Mel's probably hits different mostly because it seems like it wasn't even truly necessary but was still "necessary" from the circumstances. They did say they were willing to work with her after laying out some term changes but she still turned it down. The whole thing really made me appreciate the "Mio/Miso" soup thing more where I register I don't chase down most of HoloJP, but it's nice to see have them there for when there's nothing else I really need to watch. I can happily throw them on and still feel comfy or smile seeing them in hologra etc.
Sana's graduation was amiciable, it was just a case of "I'm sorry but I'm not fit for vtubing not gonna renew my contract." Sad that she didn't like streaming but at least the graduation was professional and there was no fallout.

Aloe's graduation was tragic and one of Hololive's darkest moments. Only good thing to come out of it is Delu is doing fairly well.

Pomu's seemed perfectly fine on the surface but the fallout of her making her members streams public set the stage for the Selen shitshow.

Pikamee's graduation made it feel like she wasn't planning on reincarnating. If she didn't become Henya (Who is great) it might be one of the worst graduations out there in terms of controversy.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Bit of a difference between a graduation and a termination. A termination being as soft as Mel's is definitely unusual and not something one can expect. There's generally a reason when it's a termination rather than a graduation, and those reasons make amiable terminations a bit like unicorns.

Honestly, I'm still not entirely buying just how ridiculously amiable this seems.

Negzana

Bit of a difference between a graduation and a termination. A termination being as soft as Mel's is definitely unusual and not something one can expect. There's generally a reason when it's a termination rather than a graduation, and those reasons make amiable terminations a bit like unicorns.

Honestly, I'm still not entirely buying just how ridiculously amiable this seems.
She said in today's stream she did get some stern and critical messages from management after her termination what she got wrong.

However in general it seems like they were forced in a situation where they couldn't keep her because it would lead to other companies blacklisting Cover and Mikeneko potentially suing them for unfair treatment. Every drama Mel's been involved in beforehand has always made her the victim or innocent in the situation and unlike Rushia she seems to interact with the girls a lot and be liked by them. I do think it is amicable, and unlike Rushia, Mel was professional enough to admit fault so Cover is letting it be so.

God's Strongest Dragoon

It's pretty wild to me that Mel's termination was more amicable and friendly compared to Yugo's "graduation".

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
It's pretty wild to me that Mel's termination was more amicable and friendly compared to Yugo's "graduation".
Both terms are subjective and should be examined on a case by case basis.

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
C'mon man, haven't you learned by now about whenever a tranny (woman LARPing as a guy in Yugo's case) is involved?

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
Yeah thats because just like the Rushia termination Cover didnt do a hit list or elaborated in what actually happened with extra detail
But some holomem still looking after her should show that it wasnt that serious

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

She said in today's stream she did get some stern and critical messages from management after her termination what she got wrong.

However in general it seems like they were forced in a situation where they couldn't keep her because it would lead to other companies blacklisting Cover and Mikeneko potentially suing them for unfair treatment. Every drama Mel's been involved in beforehand has always made her the victim or innocent in the situation and unlike Rushia she seems to interact with the girls a lot and be liked by them. I do think it is amicable, and unlike Rushia, Mel was professional enough to admit fault so Cover is letting it be so.

I think the safe assumption is probably Mel was a source of too much information to others. Certain information getting out can easily compromised business relations and we all know how the Japanese are about that stuff. Yagoo deserves a lot of credit for trying to run a proper business, in more of the Western sense of that. It's also entirely possible it wasn't in the first, second or third time it'd happened.

But, business doesn't have to be soulless, it just has to be strategic. The fact some staff still cared enough to tell her what she did wrong, without being malicious, at least shows a level of "give a damn" that's commendable. Also, for as much as it was a termination, it played out far more like they didn't pick up her next contract.

The Rrat

Ratgirl-idol Connoisseur
Early Adopter
Pikamee's graduation made it feel like she wasn't planning on reincarnating. If she didn't become Henya (Who is great) it might be one of the worst graduations out there in terms of controversy.
Pikamee absolutely was planning on reincarnating from the get-go. The woman loves streaming and is basically useless for anything else, she was never gonna quit. She just didn't like Voms. She hinted in her graduation she was going to return, and both IM and Kson also hinted almost immediately that it was gonna happen.

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag

On the contrary her graduation stream made it feel like she was absolutely reincarnating. It never felt overdramatic and "grand" like most graduations streams do as it felt more like "I'll see you again" due to how extremely chill it was.

Koronesuki

X-Potato
I doubt that anyone would have been overly concerned about Pikamee's graduation if she hadn't apparently been bullied off of the internet a couple of months before. The two things were unrelated, but a lot of people were still on edge at the time.

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
I can believe that Cover was in a position where they had to choose: one of their oldest talents, who stuck with them after the stalker incident even when she didn't need the money, and their image of protecting everyone's smiles with virtual idols and whatever - vs - their reputation as a big boy business, a reputation they need to do the virtual idol things for all their talents. That's just a rrat, but I can believe it.

But then I look across the aisle at the Luca/Raziel circus and the thing where Anycolor threatened an artist for breaking NDA on another company's word without fact-checking and I'm like :depressedtako:

Top Bottom