"But he started the coop (Coup) what am I supposed to do? w-wait lol, am I pronouncing that word wrong too? lol"IRyS

Termination of Selen Tatsuki and the Glorious Revival of Dokibird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horo7618

No one in particular

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Netscaper

Early Adopter

Nigel Nigerman

is the virtual reincarnation of George Floyd.
How much did Vox raise for suicide prevention and the other shit again?

According to the vtuber wiki:
On 10 March, Vox held a 2 part 24 hour charity stream for Suicide Awareness Voices of Education (SAVE), an organization whose mission is to prevent suicide and raise awareness about and reduce stigma against suicide. During this stream, many Livers from Nijisanji and other vtuber talents played games with Vox in support of the event. [43][44] Vox had originally intended on raising funds for Rise Against the Disorder, but the organization was not available on YouTube Giving at the time. [45] Originally setting the donation goal at 50,000 USD, Vox later raised the donation goal to 100,000 USD after reaching 50,000 USD, ultimately raising over 126,308 USD and donating approximately 10,000 pounds sterling of his own money.[46][47]

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

Nigel Nigerman

The Rrat

Ratgirl-idol Connoisseur
Early Adopter
And in less time too.
Pretty crazy, too. Vox had 24 hours with multiple guests and events. Doki's was 3 hours by herself.

Bug Eater

If you add up all the auction items she's at $177k, with 12 hours left to go. Honestly way higher than I expected.

:whatastory:

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

A thought: Doki's current revenue generation (especially from Merch), shows there was a massive, pent-up demand from the entire time she was with Nijisanji.

Which explains why they were basically an Ad-sense revenue company and have little clue how to do Merch the entire time.

Nigel Nigerman

Subs update:

Doki - 649k
Enna - 652k

Only 3k to go and Doki will now surpass all the clique members. Road to 1M is going strong.

Helmet-kun

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
A thought: Doki's current revenue generation (especially from Merch), shows there was a massive, pent-up demand from the entire time she was with Nijisanji.

Which explains why they were basically an Ad-sense revenue company and have little clue how to do Merch the entire time.
Dragoons have always had monstrously deep pockets. Remember when Selen/Doki got bullied into a Phasmophobia stream by people dropping like 2 grand in akasupas? And then they did it again to make her draw Beedrills for some reason? Hell, Doki even said it herself, she got at least 200k from streaming in 2023 that got used up on Nijisanji projects.

I agree, though: it really does go to show just how much this entire branch has been bungled by Niji. It's easy to look at Anycolor's stock price and laugh at the line going down, but a TON of meat got left on the bone by EN's mismanagement. Every time Niji cockblocked a music release or Pomu's potential sponsorships or a 3d live, they were directly kneecapping potential growth, and that is something that doesn't show up as easily on a quarterly stock report. It's not just the copy-pasted merch, it's something deep-set in the company's business approach that is handicapping them.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Dragoons have always had monstrously deep pockets. Remember when Selen/Doki got bullied into a Phasmophobia stream by people dropping like 2 grand in akasupas? And then they did it again to make her draw Beedrills for some reason? Hell, Doki even said it herself, she got at least 200k from streaming in 2023 that got used up on Nijisanji projects.

I agree, though: it really does go to show just how much this entire branch has been bungled by Niji. It's easy to look at Anycolor's stock price and laugh at the line going down, but a TON of meat got left on the bone by EN's mismanagement. Every time Niji cockblocked a music release or Pomu's potential sponsorships or a 3d live, they were directly kneecapping potential growth, and that is something that doesn't show up as easily on a quarterly stock report. It's not just the copy-pasted merch, it's something deep-set in the company's business approach that is handicapping them.
It happens with emerging sectors. Someone with more "eh, I'll do this" sense than practical sense generally ends up one of the last first movers to end up standing. But they're also a massive buy-up opportunity as things progress. Occasionally that company ends up being the dominant player because some VP comes on that has a clue what they're doing. Or you pull a 3Dfx, screw your company over in 2 years and now Nvidia is worth 2 Trillion based off your tech, lol.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
Or you pull a 3Dfx, screw your company over in 2 years and now Nvidia is worth 2 Trillion based off your tech, lol.

Reminding me of 3Dfx. Why must you poke at old wounds?

EDIT: I remember during '98/'99, shopping for video cards with my friends at Fry's Electronics, seeing AMD, Nvidia (think it was the Riva series at the time), and 3Dfx offerings on the shelves, and noticing that AMD and Nvidia had all these other companies making the boards, while 3Dfx were the only ones making their Voodoos. We teenagers thought that was a dumb idea for a company, and that AMD and Nvidia's method was the way to go.

Couple years later, 3Dfx shuts down. Fast foward to the mid 2010s and I find an interview with several of the higher ups at 3Dfx talking about stuff. One thing they mentioned was doing all their board making in-house led to them going bankrupt. I sat there thinking, my teenage ass fucking knew this nearly 20 years ago.

Last edited:

Netscaper

Early Adopter
Reminding me of 3Dfx. Why must you poke at old wounds?

EDIT: I remember during '98/'99, shopping for video cards with my friends at Fry's Electronics, seeing AMD, Nvidia (think it was the Riva series at the time), and 3Dfx offerings on the shelves, and noticing that AMD and Nvidia had all these other companies making the boards, while 3Dfx were the only ones making their Voodoos. We teenagers thought that was a dumb idea for a company, and that AMD and Nvidia's method was the way to go.

Couple years later, 3Dfx shuts down. Fast foward to the mid 2010s and I find an interview with several of the higher ups at 3Dfx talking about stuff. One thing they mentioned was doing all their board making in-house led to them going bankrupt. I sat there thinking, my teenage ass fucking knew this nearly 20 years ago.
I remember buying a 3Dfx card and that shit was untouchable performance-wise until games became literally incompatible with it. It still ran a lot of games pretty well until like 2003 or 2004.
Literally artisan 3Dfx going out of business because of Nvidia mass-produced slop. :pikaufuk:

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
I remember buying a 3Dfx card and that shit was untouchable performance-wise until games became literally incompatible with it. It still ran a lot of games pretty well until like 2003 or 2004.
Literally artisan 3Dfx going out of business because of Nvidia mass-produced slop. :pikaufuk:

The GeForce 256 was a hell of a card, and the GeForce 2 was a great leap.

The 3Dfx Voodoo 4s and 5s were still powerful, but they weren't the jump the 2s and 3s were. I think most of the performance came from their own Glide API, which had less overhead than OpenGL and Direct3D (given that Glide was 3Dfx's own API). AMD and Nvidia couldn't use it, so they had the less optimized OpenGL and Direct3D (the latter of which wasn't that great at the time). Once Microsoft finally got D3D to not suck so much, performance with the GeForce naturally got better, on top of Nvidia having more time to improve their own tech.

But God I still do miss the Voodoo era. Short lived, but during the time of the most rapid advancement in 3D gaming.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
MX440 one love
Tangents are winning, time to lock this thread too.

GOTBB

Yay Doki!

now...
giphy.gif

Netscaper

Early Adopter
To be honest, short of a new Niji meltdown, this thread should focus on livestream Dokiposting or if it's decided to do that on the general Liveposting, to lock it up.

Please o gracious Jannies, decide it's fate (so I can't stop being confused on where to post when she is livestreaming).

The Rrat

Ratgirl-idol Connoisseur
Early Adopter
I don't even think a dedicated Doki liveposting thread is necessary anymore.

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I don't even think a dedicated Doki liveposting thread is necessary anymore.
Yeah since doki doesn't seem to be interested in any further drama this thread should probably be locked, all further discussion and niji rratting can go in Niji L collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom