"Hagu? HAGU!?! Oi,oi kaigainiki, ey, I'm watching you"Kaminari Clara

Termination of Selen Tatsuki and the Glorious Revival of Dokibird

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
has nothing to do with management or clique or whatever. That's head of the company level of decision making
It doesnt mean all three factors cannot contribute the overall shittyness of the company. It just means that niji is shit on every level. Bsides "cutting costs" isnt really a good thing to boast about when retention is low and stocks have dropped to the value of 6 months ago.

Nigel Nigerman

is the virtual reincarnation of George Floyd.
It doesnt mean all three factors cannot contribute the overall shittyness of the company. It just means that niji is shit on every level. Bsides "cutting costs" isnt really a good thing to boast about when retention is low and stocks have dropped to the value of 6 months ago.
Agree, cutting costs has a limit and it will not help improve a company in the long run. Main reason a company is cutting costs is if the CEO is looking to sell the company and I don't think the buyers will pay an exorbitant amount of money for this upcoming trash heap.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
back in mid-2022 they changed it from a B2 tapestry (which honestly didn't seem that bad) to a shitty canvas panel that's like half the size.
I bought the copy-paste merch for Pomu's first birthday celebration which had the tapestry. I can confirm that it is actually pretty decent, I dislike the fact Nijisanji went out of their way to change it to a shitty canvas panel for future birthday sets. The wall scroll holds up and the original packaging was nice and it wasn't broken in shipping Fishman... They clearly switched from the nice tapestries to a canvas panel to cut costs 100%

NotDecatto

DYRBI

Archive
Google translation:
Hello! The Dokibird team is currently recruiting Dokibird fans, video clippers, and Japanese-English translators.
If you wish to take on both of the above two roles, the only condition for application is that you must be able to understand English (if so, you will be able to understand my content).
However, we may hire a Japanese-English translator from my fans, and someone who can work as a team to be in charge of clipping, and so on.

We would like to create a Japanese-translated clipping channel for Japanese Vtuber viewers.
We are also looking for Japanese animators/artists who would like to join the DokiBites team. We also provide Japanese-English translators for animators/artists.

If you are interested, please contact us with your portfolio below!
Also upcoming Doki stream:

Last edited:

Sporg

The supposed "blacklist of Doki supporters" that was posted earlier got me wondering. Considering how many people there are who have already spoken negatively about Niji and/or collabed with Doki, are there even any vtubers (or vtuber-related people such as clippers, artists, etc.) who aren't directly connected to Niji and has either said or implied by their actions that they are siding with Niji over Doki?

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
The supposed "blacklist of Doki supporters" that was posted earlier got me wondering. Considering how many people there are who have already spoken negatively about Niji and/or collabed with Doki, are there even any vtubers (or vtuber-related people such as clippers, artists, etc.) who aren't directly connected to Niji and has either said or implied by their actions that they are siding with Niji over Doki?
Nope, literally not a single one. Unless it's some 0view nijifagottress who's only vtuber on technicality.

VSoyBoy

I've said this before and it is purely speculation based on lack of communication, or in Kuro's case fence-sitting with arguably support for Niji(-Livers).
VShojo and especially ex-Nijis in VShojo (and outside of it with Mika) haven't really gone out of their way to support Doki publicly, which could be good business sense but could also be based on insight into Niji and the situation as a whole that we plebians aren't privy to.

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
I've said this before and it is purely speculation based on lack of communication, or in Kuro's case fence-sitting with arguably support for Niji(-Livers).
VShojo and especially ex-Nijis in VShojo (and outside of it with Mika) haven't really gone out of their way to support Doki publicly, which could be good business sense but could also be based on insight into Niji and the situation as a whole that we plebians aren't privy to.
Thats a suicide
Regardless of who they choose to side (The corpo or Doki) they are going to be labelled as bullies or as the supporters of a "manipulator"
There its nothing to win and a lot to lose

VSoyBoy

Thats a suicide
Regardless of who they choose to side (The corpo or Doki) they are going to be labelled as bullies or as the supporters of a "manipulator"
This discussion was had in three threads now, and I agree. Hell, Kuro was one-guyed by someone replying to his fence-sitting exercise guilting him.

But I can also see the other option being true, that their experiences might have been bad with Niji Management, but not as bad as whatever Doki went through, or claims to have gone through, and their insights into the situation lead them to side with what's remaining of NijiEN.

Last edited:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
If former Niji members aren't talking about their experiences or coming out in support of Doki, I suspect this might be more because of their NDAs or not wanting to risk a lawsuit. Another more reasonable option is that they may still have friends in Niji whose livelihoods they don't want to ruin further than what they currently have been.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Don't forget simple common sense business ethics. They could call out tardsanji, but It's very frowned upon when one business shittalk another. They could voice support for Doki, but this would be capitalizing on drama basically, which is bad ethics for company. Also there are newstubers for this. I Any action they could take will attract unsavory attention from dramafagging viewers. So it's best to keep silence and do their own thing until hype waves settle, it's not like either corpo vtubers or Doki are short on collab options.
Thats a suicide
Not suicide, corpo supporting Doki likely will have some net benefit after a period of shitstorm, if Sayu didn't happen. There is ever-present "where you were when they fucked up Sayu?" question. And then it's gonna be really awkward if they don't support some next corpo victim. So yeah, best to not intervene.

The Rrat

Ratgirl-idol Connoisseur
Early Adopter
Thats a suicide
Pretty sure they already regard Kuro as a traitor, don't they? First thing he did was nuke his shit fans with rules to BTFO the female unicorns and then proceeded to shit on Kurosanji.

Bug Eater

but could also be based on insight into Niji and the situation as a whole that we plebians aren't privy to.
This seems like a nice way of saying that current Niji EN members have been leaking shit outside the company to make her look bad :cursedbae:

Honestly though I think it's mostly because they are still close friends with people inside the company and don't want to jeopardise that, or in the case of VShojo/other Niji EN orbiters they weren't even friends with Selen in the first place. But also the leaking rrat is 100% definitely true.

The Rrat

Ratgirl-idol Connoisseur
Early Adopter
Who were Selen's Niji friends, anyway? Pomu and Obsydia? Was she close to anyone else?

UberSoldat

Horo7618

No one in particular

Netscaper

Early Adopter
I swear, if Niji gives Doki shit for showing an uncolored wood carving of a Pomudachi(that I totally can see them doing, after how petty they can be).

Horo7618

No one in particular
She's getting a Doki remake of the Selen intro LOL (the music is a public domain track)

Netscaper

Early Adopter

The Rrat

Ratgirl-idol Connoisseur
Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom