"How to be serious: 1. Shut the FUCK up 2. Go to better supermarkets 3. Cease use of any and all emoji and/or silly buttons"Rin Penrose
  • Stress test complete for now, posting has been reenabled.
  • I am unironically begging vtubers to stop reading imageboards. Your lives will immediately and tangibly improve. You know who you are.

Production Kawaii Gen 3 Graduation

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
VTUBERS OF THE WORLD UNITE!
UNIONIZE NOW!
can you even imagine
>women
>work together
Why do you think the only functional unions are for cops, garbage men, miners, welders and ship builders?

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

hololive ruined /jp/

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member

DelusionTree

Lean on me
Early Adopter
My bet is that Gen 3 attempted to collectively negotiate a new contract and threatened to walk if they didn't get some better terms.
Well the Japanese really don't like those kind of threats and probably told them all fine, fuck off.

HuskT

The only one I know or care about is Sava. So how long until PK goes the way of Tsunderia?

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
The only one I know or care about is Sava. So how long until PK goes the way of Tsunderia?
Another :beataniyab: and its over in their main TW the PK brand is being questioned

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
THIS. I saw a tweet about this fucktard agreeing with nene

Bruh people dont realise that after 2 years she doesnt have a choice to love her company. Also if she goes kawai is over. She is their insurance they are gonna do whatever it takes to make HER happy even if they have to let go of an entire gen.

I hate I've been doing twitter research enough to autistically recognize twitter people, but this person is also a Pippa simp:

Johnny Jambalaya

BlueSharkTV alt account
Early Adopter
Ward Security
I hate I've been doing twitter research enough to autistically recognize twitter people, but this person is also a Pippa simp:

I may have lost the plot somewhere but why is this person important?

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
I may have lost the plot somewhere but why is this person important?
Oh hes not. Hes just a guy who gives his opinion on pretty much everything vtuber related i just took him as an example of the popular opinion concerning the graduations

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Honestly he is the type that would probably benefit from joining this place.

Another :beataniyab: and its over in their main TW the PK brand is being questioned
I have a feeling this shit shook up some of the Gen 1 and Gen 2 people. Pretty sure some of them will think about what happened more after the whole 3D honeymoon period wears off. Another one or two of them might end up jumping ships. The company will die if they get a new generation and they fail to meet expectations or management causes them all to quit. If they change their terms and avoid telling Gen 1 or 2 about it this can also cause issues. People are on edge.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

I think I've caught up now. This video is probably the absolute worst way they could have approached the situation since nothing about it seems authentic, especially since they've had these talent-delivered statements about graduations twice before that I recall (Namiji's statement on Neena, then that awkward Gen 3 stream about Oceane). I feel like the formality is a cultural thing from the Japanese business world that doesn't translate well to Western livestreaming, which in itself is evidence that it was pushed on them from management. Hell even the NijiEN comments about Zaion had better optics overall since they were off-the-cuff responses on streams rather than a pre-prepared message.

If they were smart, they would have put a gag order on them, only allowing them to say general things such as how unfortunate it is rather than needlessly airing out their angry emotions to the public.
Telling them to keep any comments brief should the subject come up in chat probably would have made it easier for the talents honestly. I don't like those kinds of restrictions most of the time but in very specific situations about either drama that's personally affecting the streamer or hot-button political topics that people are likely to pester them about in chat I can imagine "I'm not allowed to talk about that" is a card most indies wish they could pull.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Any bets Oceane had something to do with this
The thing that struck me as super odd in the video is the claim Gen 3 had threatened to all mass graduate at least once before. It makes me wonder if maybe it was the Oceane debacle they're referring to. The rest of Gen 3 says "either get rid of her, or we all leave." Either way, shit was clearly fucked behind the scenes to get to this point.
Man I bet Oceane/Zoey is feeling pretty fucking vindicated right now, kawaii seems like a shit company to work for.
Screenshot_20230408-001335-985.png
this time, you talentless titmonster. I'm gonna say what I should've said a long time ago:
Hey she might be a monster but she's not talentless

Limkin

The talents reaction really mirrors what happened with Zaion. "We are the big family and we tried our best to prevent" in one sentence, and then "let me shit on her as hard as I can while bootlicking the management really fucking hard" in the next one. You can't be a family and trash all over the person at once, either you love them unconditionally and justify their actions, or throw them under a bus. That shit is disingenuous and already left me with a sour taste in my mouth about xsoleil, but that time you could somewhat justify it with them being very new members and majority of the branch being native japanese (with all their ingrained culture of higher-ups are always right and don't stand out), but with Kawaii it's old and popular members who wouldn't be fired on a spot for not sucking up

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Hey she might be a monster but she's not talentless

She created a monster no one wants to see Oceane no more.

HAs anyone optics on the others that left KP?Hana Flores Aruru Grey and Neena Makurano? Seems like they would be a good source for insider info on at least what management is like?

EDIT From a bit of searching. I cannot find Hana twit longer that apparent explains why she was graduating but it seems mutual Neena got the boot for double dipping apparently and I vaguely recall some talk about that. Seems like she would be a good info source if anyone found her

Aruru seems like an interesting one since while her grad also seemed mutual her cited reason "She has decided to leave due to her wishes of having a valuable personal time while seeking out and challenging newest inspirations and goals outside of Kawaii." Seems to line up with that briefly mentioned KP overworking their talents bit

Corpo is a sweatshop sounds like a bad joke but could it be true? It would explain the loyalty if your stressed and overworked it's much harder to think clearly (which also lines up with the overworked for 3D gen's 1 and 2 while Gen 3 were not part of it)

TLDR RRAT Gen 1 and 2 Stressed and excited over 3D corpo does a bad Gen 3 is the only one not excusing it

Last edited:

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
I wouldn't be surprised if Nene has personally invested in the company or has built up some kind of influence beyond the limits of a talent.
Nene lives with her parents and they were initially against her streaming career. When she started earning money, they became better about it. And later Nene even quit her irl job (and was very happy about it) to make streaming her fulltime job. And now she's heavily tied to the corporation because of it.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
I feel like the formality is a cultural thing from the Japanese business world that doesn't translate well to Western livestreaming, which in itself is evidence that it was pushed on them from management.
This is something that was touched on quite well in a documentary on Final Fantasy 14's failure of all places. Their chief translator mentions how repeated apologies looks insincere to Americans, but it's a Japanese cultural thing. Timestamped to that segment below.

She created a monster no one wants to see Oceane no more.

HAs anyone optics on the others that left KP?Hana Flores Aruru Grey and Neena Makurano? Seems like they would be a good source for insider info on at least what management is like?

EDIT From a bit of searching. I cannot find Hana twit longer that apparent explains why she was graduating but it seems mutual Neena got the boot for double dipping apparently and I vaguely recall some talk about that. Seems like she would be a good info source if anyone found her

Aruru seems like an interesting one since while her grad also seemed mutual her cited reason "She has decided to leave due to her wishes of having a valuable personal time while seeking out and challenging newest inspirations and goals outside of Kawaii." Seems to line up with that briefly mentioned KP overworking their talents bit

Corpo is a sweatshop sounds like a bad joke but could it be true? It would explain the loyalty if your stressed and overworked it's much harder to think clearly (which also lines up with the overworked for 3D gen's 1 and 2 while Gen 3 were not part of it)

TLDR RRAT Gen 1 and 2 Stressed and excited over 3D corpo does a bad Gen 3 is the only one not excusing it
Saw this post on a discussion on /vt/ and had to check again for it. I think what it's saying has an air of credence to it.
Capture.PNG

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Also i feel like the best chance we have at knowing who is in the wrong, will be to wait and see how the graduated gen3 talents make their content, if they become ethots we will be able to tell they were just grifting for money and an audience, if they make content that goes against the corpo rules but is not raunchy then they just didn't like the restrictions, and if their content stays the same then kawaii just had a woman moment and fired them because japanese retardation.
Welp i don't know what this counts as, but it's starting to look a little grim. (Archive of the thread)
peon y.png

Toreador4536

Welp i don't know what this counts as, but it's starting to look a little grim. (Archive of the thread)
View attachment 19922

Holy fuck I forgot how annoying Peony's mic is. Whenever she pronounces an "s" sound, I feel like I'm losing some of my hearing with how loud it is.

EDIT:

Reina Sun coming on stream to talk about the Gen 3 graduation. My guess is that nothing of importance will be said, but hey it's there.

Last edited:

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Holy fuck I forgot how annoying Peony's mic is. Whenever she pronounces an "s" sound, I feel like I'm losing some of my hearing with how loud it is.

EDIT:

Reina Sun coming on stream to talk about the Gen 3 graduation. My guess is that nothing of importance will be said, but hey it's there.

So according to her, the main schism was over Gen 3 not wanting to join the 3D project and wanting more time off. So was this really a collective bargaining agreement gone south after all??

Edit: and then everyone had a Woman moment

Last edited:
Top Bottom