"I'm not Donald Duck! Donald isn't swimming! Donald...! I'm not the Azuki-arai! I'm not a yokai!"Oozora Subaru

NEXAS: The Kick Sweatshop for Vtubers!

braindoko

The only place I have seen that actually keeps up with them is Battle Royale General on /vt/ and most of them seem to follow it just for shits and giggles.
Let me tell you the people of /brg/ and the ones that installed the app to laugh at the trainwreck got taken for a ride, there's genuine fans, gachikois, yumejos and everyone seems to like at least one. Even Poette who has gone not once but TWICE on alphabet rants has fans.
We thought this was some experiment doomed to instant failure but seems this might actually go somewhere, even if it's just the chuubas taking their fans with them to other platforms when (if?) it shuts down.

edit: twitch chatter said it best
Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 6.31.40 PM.png

View attachment 69009

a vtuber that cant stream!:achansasuga:
Many of them have no PC and no phone, the company leased them an iphone 12, that's all they use. Explains the poor audio, they can't plug in a better mic. With that in mind plus some of their chatting about money issues it's fair to assume a good ISP plan isn't something they all have or can afford

Last edited:

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Let me tell you the poeple of /brg/ and the ones that installe the app to laugh at the trainwreck got taken for a ride, there's genuine fans, gachikois, yumejos and everyone seems to like at least one. Even Poette who has gone not once but TWICE on alphabet rants has fans.
We thought this was some experiment doomed to instant failure but seems this might actually go somewhere, even if it's just the chuubas taking their fans with them to other platforms when (if?) it shuts down.

edit: twitch chatter said it best
View attachment 69048

Many of them have no PC and no phone, the company leased them an iphone 12, that's all they use. Explains the poor audio, they can't plug in a better mic. With that in mind plus some of their chatting about money issues it's fair to assume a good ISP plan isn't something they all have or can afford
People in this hobby will fucking oshi anything that moves, parasociality is a horrible drug.

x Hades Stamps

That’s worse than our original internet service! (Also, a tangent: If by Wi-Fi, she means actual Wi-Fi, you shouldn’t use it to stream. Quite hard not to on a phone, though. However, if she means internet in general, please, for the love of all that is jazzy, stop calling it that!!).

Last edited:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
View attachment 69009

The funny thing about that is that the NEXAS website in its mission statement talked about how important it is for talents to have good connections. It only mentioned the speed of the connection but said nothing about the stability of it. It's interesting how these things come around.
I hadn't even considered that by being a mobile-only streaming system they'd be forced to stream over either wi-fi or their phone's data. It just keeps getting worse.

bothyourhouses

I hadn't even considered that by being a mobile-only streaming system they'd be forced to stream over either wi-fi or their phone's data. It just keeps getting worse.
The smart move would be one of those Samsung docks or something. But the kind of person with the discipline to do that wouldn't fall for this in the first place.

x Hades Stamps

There are dongles that would let you go wired (although good luck charging without going to dongle hell), but...
But the kind of person with the discipline to do that wouldn't fall for this in the first place.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
There are dongles that would let you go wired (although good luck charging without going to dongle hell), but...
Only one dongle/dock (hub+ethernet) + USB audio interface

Cubanodun

Herald of the first of many

So for some reason the man himself was lurking in NEXAS streams and no is not a fake they ask you for you twitter @ to get a invitation and was still having doubts until Harry himself confirm it is him

Now i have more questions than answers

Archive

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

So for some reason the man himself was lurking in NEXAS streams and no is not a fake they ask you for you twitter @ to get a invitation and was still having doubts until Harry himself confirm it is him

Now i have more questions than answers

Archive

Reminder that yagoo is a techbro, and he knows harry. This is not an endorsement.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
The funny thing about that is that the NEXAS website in its mission statement talked about how important it is for talents to have good connections. It only mentioned the speed of the connection but said nothing about the stability of it. It's interesting how these things come around.
Man connection stability is one of those things that is a pain to gain any real control over.

Obviously wired over wifi is the one thing you can do yourself... but for a phone only streaming app that likely means needing a hub for the phone. Since you'll likely have to connect to a computer also via the only usb cable. Or various other annoying workarounds

Then you're into shopping around ISPs, or literally moving to find a place with good, properly installed, low-congestion utilities. I can see how that is basically impossible to deal with and not sure how you'd teach it.

hara돌

☆하라돌이라고합니다☆
I've been half-assedly watching the debuts and a lot of the donating has been from other members of Nexas and a few other chatters that are probably members of staff given accounts with money in them cause they're showing up across a bunch of channels.
FYI, as the app is in beta, there is no functionality to buy coins. I've played a few games in beta and I don't think any of them have ever had an active cash shop.

Over the course of the debuts, all users got given something like 30,000 coins for free.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
They're doing ALOT of audio fixing there

1714608031612.png
From what i see, they use Unity ARKit (duh) and then do regular video stream, nothing innovative at all.

Last edited:

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
Someone on /brg/ claims to have dumped the whole AniLive app. Download at your own risk.

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Someone on /brg/ claims to have dumped the whole AniLive app. Download at your own risk.
How big is it? 1GB?
And does it contain crypto miners?

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Pity, just sending model data would have been a neat tech concept at least. Just video is adding a massive platform cost if it ever picks up (lol)

x Hades Stamps

Only one dongle/dock (hub+ethernet) + USB audio interface
As long as you get the correct one. Those ones kind of slipped my mind.
From what i see, they use Unity ARKit (duh) and then do regular video stream, nothing innovative at all.
Oh, thank goodness.
Pity, just sending model data would have been a neat tech concept at least. Just video is adding a massive platform cost if it ever picks up (lol)
It would’ve been a neat concept, but only as a concept. We don’t need to kill the viewers’ devices by putting it into practice.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
It would’ve been a neat concept, but only as a concept. We don’t need to kill the viewers’ devices by putting it into practice.
It's not some huge processing load, it's just garbage Live2D code that use like 5x more resources than it have any right to (anilive use it too, smh)
1714610680335.png

But there is some other interesting shit:
1714610568462.png

Last edited:

x Hades Stamps

It's not some huge processing load, it's just garbage Live2D code that use like 5x more resources than if have any right to (anilive use it too, smh)
“Not some huge processing load” is debatable :SelenHAHAhere: depending on the device it’s used on

bothyourhouses

Never underestimate how important the last 5% of usability/polish is.

mysticdreamlife

Miia Enjoyer
Now AniLive itself is taking applications for people to join.
1714735447183.png

Who would you like to see?

Top Bottom