"Eating Mike Tyson's ass~ NOOOOOO!"Inugami Korone

The Round Eye Gaijin Entertainment Thread

Realticule

The retardation shall rise again!
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Shill your weird round eye media here, particularly things you think were overlooked in the past century. The more round eye, the better, embrace your inner Mayo Monkey.

I'll start off with something, Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy is pretty solid
Look, he looks like a ghost pig.

Last edited:

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
More people need to watch the original Battlestar Galactica. New BSG was cool and all, but way too edgy and cynical and vaguely spiritual without any real substance. Here's a very good video analysis I saw a few days ago that reminded me how long it's been since I watched Mormons in Space.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
More people need to watch the original Battlestar Galactica. New BSG was cool and all, but way too edgy and cynical and vaguely spiritual without any real substance.
New BSG was really good for two and a half seasons, then dropped off a cliff when they settled on a planet for a bit then turned it into a ham-fisted middle-east-occupation metaphor while Apollo got fat and his wife killed herself because ?.

Moff Albert

The Brown Hornet is my oshi
Calli's Husband
I am here to spread the gospel of the Star Wars EU. Not the current EU, the REAL EU. If you have any interest in Star Wars, especially what originally happened after the Original Trilogy, I highly encourage you to read them through alternative means (in other words, don't give Disney your money).

"But where do I start?" I hear you ask? Simple. I always recommend people start with the Heir to the Empire trilogy by Timothy Zahn. The trilogy starts about a decade after the events of Return of the Jedi, and picks up with an Imperial remnant faction seeking to reclaim their former glory in the face of the New Republic. I feel like Zahn captured the characterization of Luke, Han, and Leia very well, and he also added some very cool new characters of his own as well.

What's that you say? "I'm a Vtuber fan, I don't read!" Well, good news. There's also a trio of high quality audio book versions of the trilogy on Audible. By high quality, I mean it has a great narrator, great sound effects, and some musical scores during the more dramatic moments. If you're interested, I highly recommend you use one of your monthly credits to at least try the first book out.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
I am here to spread the gospel of the Star Wars EU. Not the current EU, the REAL EU. If you have any interest in Star Wars, especially what originally happened after the Original Trilogy, I highly encourage you to read them through alternative means (in other words, don't give Disney your money).

"But where do I start?" I hear you ask? Simple. I always recommend people start with the Heir to the Empire trilogy by Timothy Zahn. The trilogy starts about a decade after the events of Return of the Jedi, and picks up with an Imperial remnant faction seeking to reclaim their former glory in the face of the New Republic. I feel like Zahn captured the characterization of Luke, Han, and Leia very well, and he also added some very cool new characters of his own as well.

What's that you say? "I'm a Vtuber fan, I don't read!" Well, good news. There's also a trio of high quality audio book versions of the trilogy on Audible. By high quality, I mean it has a great narrator, great sound effects, and some musical scores during the more dramatic moments. If you're interested, I highly recommend you use one of your monthly credits to at least try the first book out.
My nigga. I 100% support this recommendation. Not all of the books are great, but even the bad ones are better than Disney Star Wars.

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter

My nigga. I 100% support this recommendation. Not all of the books are great, but even the bad ones are better than Disney Star Wars.
I came to a somewhat sad realization last year when I visited family after having moved away from my hometown several years ago. The local library system got revamped in the last couple years and they got rid of a bunch of shelves to add more tables and computers since people now use the library more for a quiet place to work and less to find books to read for fun. This meant they got rid of a ton of books and their catalogue is now just popular or new books. Older and less popular titles (like most of the Star Wars EU) are gone. And many of the discarded books are out of print, lack ebook versions, and/or aren't quite good enough to be worth actually spending money on, even if you'd gladly check them out if they're available for free in the library.

When I was growing up, I used to go to the library at least once a week (and often more) to check out books to read. There's something depressing about realizing that doing that has gone from "most people don't because they're not interested" to "people don't because you can't anymore".
:depressedtako:

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
Bit of an oddball topic, but a movie I really like back in the "The Social Network", here's the trailer:

Randomly got someone digging through the court documents to talk about it, which was neat. Turns out the top consultant for the movie was one of the main characters and highly biased, as always, similar to War Dogs.

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
Double Post but for a good movie I think is under rated "You Don't Know Jack" which is the story of Jack Kevorkian and combines actual footage of the subject with movie footage in a rather good way that's not particularly noticeable. It's a good watch, here's the trailer

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Went to see the Mario movie earlier, and it was pretty good. Peach is a bit of a "girlboss," but it's not obnoxious.

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
I mentioned this on the homelands, but it looks like SunnyV2 is being squelched because of his take on troons. I'm not subscribed to him and normally his videos show up in my recommended as I watch them, but lately they haven't been appearing. I thought maybe that's just me, but look at this drop off
1683782560714.png

The latest video is kind of shit, it's just a clip show, but there's no way it just drops off a cliff so hard.

Last edited:

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
I really liked this video, sometimes Sam Hyde just makes a point

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Decided to watch the previous Spider-Verse film to see if I wanted to watch the new one, and it's pretty good. It keeps doing that modern movie thing where they immediately defuse a tense or meaningful moment with a "comedic" one, and Peni, Noir, and Porker didn't really serve any purpose, but I enjoyed it aside from that.

Uncle Marv

Are they real or they only pretend?
Random vehicle first person view.
Continuous, unedited without overlays and logos.

+ Wooden coaster

Last edited:

God's Strongest Dragoon

Saw the new Flash film recently, it was surprisingly entertaining. The CGI was incredibly fucking bad though and they dropped the ball at the climax but overall it was still pretty good. The first 2 acts were very solid, way more jokes landed than they had any right to. The whole "2 Flashes" thing was surprisingly not garbage and actually worked. The first one is known for being kind of annoying but then you meet the second one and he's literally an even more annoying character that doesn't care about anything. By all means it should be unbearable but they actually learn from each other and develop into better characters.

Keaton Batman has a lot of lines that are very fanservicey but it's alright. Supergirl is hardly a character. As shit as the CGI was, I liked how they presented the speedforce and how time travel was portrayed. It wasn't a landmark film that people will constantly talk about, it's just an alright film and that's a high bar to reach nowadays with capeshit apparently.

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
I've been enjoying this series recently by ReasonTV (libertarian free speech people who defended the homelands during the Vermintide) as it runs down various laws and legislation that backfired horribly.

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
Double post but I found this very interesting, and it's kind of amazing how place like this are just not utilized but they're still being rotted by social media.

ogey_rrat

ogey
Double post but I found this very interesting, and it's kind of amazing how place like this are just not utilized but they're still being rotted by social media.

Never thought I'd hear someone in the middle of nowhere Appalachia talking about Arminius and Teutoburg, and how he's supposedly descended from Bjorn Ironside.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Holy shit. I see why everyone loves Drive so much, now.

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter
Rewatching The Sopranos since it’s original airing when I was a kid and it’s pretty damn great, but may have one of the weirdest first episodes I’ve ever seen.

The my penis fell off scene:

This is apparently a CT scan in action (you know how you just sit outside the machine and people are aloud to come in at all times)

Also, he goes from taking Prozac in episode 1 and then it’s mentioned in episode 3 he takes Xanax and it is never mentioned again, and by episode 11 he’s on Prozac and Lithium. I don’t know why that annoyed me so much.

Beyond that an S-tier show. His mom reminds me exactly of my wife’s mom so it makes me hate her even more.

Edit: I spelled allowed as aloud... using phone, plz understand.

Last edited:

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
An interview with the guy from the Appalachia video popped up and after listening to it, I think it's worthwhile to share. The guy seems very down to earth and is very aware of how journo scum operates as he's lived in all kinds of places, including a stint in Ukraine and Belarus like Dear Feeder for similar reason. It's interesting how he thinks New York crime isn't too bad but talks about how he had to leave San Francisco because the police were basically dissolved and criminals were treated as victims. Wouldn't call the guy right wing, but he's very open about a lot of the problems leftists seem to ignore.

Holy shit. I see why everyone loves Drive so much, now.
I haven't actually seen it, guess I'll give it a watch at some point.

Top Bottom