"In Japanese, I thought the meaning was -'We are eating sad crabs'-"Ookami Mio

Pochi Calls Out Idol Corp

Cubanodun

Herald of the first of many
My man did not wait until the body was cold to replace Pochi manager

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Interesting job opening. Anyone know where I can get a rubber stamp?

tectalharp

Yes, the "You are not graduating, you are getting fired" kind of agreement. I love how it was "never about the money" and she was "going to fulfill all of her goals" but now she is getting the money and not finishing the goals. Idol is not very subtle in telling she tried to scam her fans
If that's how you wanna spin it sure go off I guess

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
Hope I don't come off as combative but you don't know what you're talking about. Kickstarter/Patreon do not allow LLCs (acronym may vary based on country but the concept is the same--an entity to limit liability) on their platform. This is for very good reasons. You're trying to compare separate legal entities in ways that aren't comparable. Kickstarter/Patreon witholding money from a "sole proprietor" vs Idol witholding money from a contractor are completely different. Also the size of the companies and their ability to deal with reversing payments is different.

Just as an example, let's create a simplified """donothon""":
  • 5 donors
  • 5 tiers of Dono promises
  • The promises are from $1/$10/$100/$1,000/$10,000
  • The actual promises don't matter, you can make them up
  • One person donates $1, second donates $10, third $100, fourth $1,000, last $10,0000
  • Total donated is $11,111
  • 3/5 promises get delivered and the talent leaves/dies/terminated/whatever
How do you refund the money?
40% back to each donor? What if it was the promises that the $10k/$1k/$100 guys donated to that were delivered? How do you handle that?
Is it 40% to each donor, or 40% back each indiviudal donor?

This is why if you have a brain you don't do donothons. The way 99% of financial transactions in the professional world work are that some work is done and then afterwards you bill for that work. At best you have something like a retainer payment. Outside of that you would have extremely large highly legalized contracts for things such as multi-billion dollar investments for things such as factories or other capex heavy investments.

I think I'm going into too much autism by this point but maybe someone finds it useful.
since when do donations have to be refunded? tell em to pound sand, caveat emptor

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

She's live. So far she's just apologised for the lack of communication, but she's being vague.

"I've seen how some agencies have dealt with departures, but this is different, they worked it out with me".

Plans to look into online courses once money's good, wants to expand her skillset.

Talked about how she'd funded the move on a credit card, but she's confident she's going to sort it out. "If you want your refunds, go get them".

She likes having a small community and doesn't plan on joining another agency.

Is streaming on Twitch right now because she's already monetised there, but is looking into multi-streaming.

Talks about creating a Discord. Says she doesn't have the resources to moderate one, but if someone wants to create a fan server that they promise to moderate responsibly she can endorse it.

Is excited to be able to play old games through "totally legitimate means".

Wants to "get checked" and maybe get on meds.

Last edited:

x Hades Stamps

As far as going live with a new model, that’s a no (didn’t expect her to)--instantly recognized the pre-graduation model

Laidho

Avalon's Most Wanted

Has anyone send this to Proctor yet? Can't be worse than Tomar.

Jolted Cookies

Clara's PLAYBILL mule
Early Adopter
Even this old model is better then her loli V2 one.

Cubanodun

Herald of the first of many
Has anyone send this to Proctor yet? Can't be worse than Tomar.
Yeah he said he is interested in trying it

His goals of grooming in the big leagues is near

God's Fattest Moojisan

Don't watch Vtubers, do hard drugs. Better for you
Even this old model is better then her loli V2 one.
I like it a lot better than both of Pochi's models tbh, could use a rigging update but not surprising as it's ~2 years old. Also never a fan of see-through hair over eyes.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter
What does being "asexual" entail, within the realm of mentally ill young women on the internet.
Nothing? just like being """""""""Lesbian""""""""" or """""""""Bisexual""""""""

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
What does being "asexual" entail, within the realm of mentally ill young women on the internet.
it just means they are too fugly to get a dude and they don't like women enough to be a lesbian.

x Hades Stamps

Hff201

Early Adopter
Since she explicitly mentioned it to shut down people coomerposting in her chat while being part of a corpo that's perfectly fine with the girls sexualising themselves for attention, I'm willing to take it as her earnestly not being interested in sexual relationships or content.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Was gonna say. Remember Mighty Number 9? That was a Kickstarter disaster propped up by a company.
mn9 was so much more then just a failed kickstarter.
1: The marketing. "cry like an anime fan on prom night" was a pretty bad line but it some how also failed to notice that the aestetic of the game was derived from anime (and also planned to be made into an anime)

2:Inafuckup. There had been allegations that Keiji inafune was very minimally involved with megaman and this spiritual succsessor basically confirmed how inept he was. I always took this with several salt grains since the game it's self is a "fine" megaman esk game but it was more fuel to the fire

3:Red Ash. not content to bomb one kickstarter why not bomb two and this also lead to alot of people writing both off as scams or that hes using money from MN9 to fund Red Ash his "true interest" i doubt it's true but again more fuel to the fire.

4:The actual game was buggy broken at launch and still is. The Mechanics while functional don't really add anything to the core gameplay and the abilities are a bit underwhelming even the "good ones"

5:Igavania and then bloodstained happened which reignited the whole thing after already a prolonged discussion cycle (due to red ash making it topical again repeatedly) both when it came out with it's demo and when it actually released (as a slightly buggy) but solid game making inafune look like even more of a joke .

Hff201

Early Adopter
mn9 was so much more then just a failed kickstarter.
1: The marketing. "cry like an anime fan on prom night" was a pretty bad line but it some how also failed to notice that the aestetic of the game was derived from anime (and also planned to be made into an anime)

2:Inafuckup. There had been allegations that Keiji inafune was very minimally involved with megaman and this spiritual succsessor basically confirmed how inept he was. I always took this with several salt grains since the game it's self is a "fine" megaman esk game but it was more fuel to the fire

3:Red Ash. not content to bomb one kickstarter why not bomb two and this also lead to alot of people writing both off as scams or that hes using money from MN9 to fund Red Ash his "true interest" i doubt it's true but again more fuel to the fire.

4:The actual game was buggy broken at launch and still is. The Mechanics while functional don't really add anything to the core gameplay and the abilities are a bit underwhelming even the "good ones"

5:Igavania and then bloodstained happened which reignited the whole thing after already a prolonged discussion cycle (due to red ash making it topical again repeatedly) both when it came out with it's demo and when it actually released (as a slightly buggy) but solid game making inafune look like even more of a joke .
Plus one of my favourite parts: the 3DS version is still not out. The 3DS online store has since closed down, so it can't come out, digitally at least.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Since she explicitly mentioned it to shut down people coomerposting in her chat while being part of a corpo that's perfectly fine with the girls sexualising themselves for attention, I'm willing to take it as her earnestly not being interested in sexual relationships or content.
She said it in one of her very early puzzle streams before Christmas that she doesn't understand nor does she want to understand sexual content she literally just can't wrap her head around the concept

And if the unicorns still wasn't filtered by her regularly talking about her best friend and said best friend regularly visiting the Penrose household they probably have problems

Shuba made a write up about it but it's in the old general so I can't pull it

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
She said it in one of her very early puzzle streams before Christmas that she doesn't understand nor does she want to understand sexual content she literally just can't wrap her head around the concept
It's really easy. The young scion of the royal family, travelling the empire to learn more about it, accidentally ends up off the beaten path and falls into the hands of a savage filipino tribe not yet subjugated by the crown, only for them to discover that the captured prince is actually a crossdressing princess-

Wait, where were we again?

Koronesuki

X-Potato

And if the unicorns still wasn't filtered by her regularly talking about her best friend and said best friend regularly visiting the Penrose household they probably have problems

Shuba made a write up about it but it's in the old general so I can't pull it
Is this it?

Top Bottom