"I am youa mazzaa"Pochi

Pochi Calls Out Idol Corp

silentcouch

Curiously this was posted in not-riro's discord following this event's conclusion

zzzz.png

21st Century Pipkin Man

rabbit's foot, vomit drawer
TLDR: Girl successfully soft-extorted money from the jew. Jew is sane person and understand that by taking a stance he will lose many timeы more than donothon sum.
Yeah, having people sour on donothons would hurt Idol EN terribly. Aviel couldn't really win no matter what. I commend Pochi on her victory, but sincerely hope that the next time she does a donothon, people send her job application forms instead of money.

Limkin

I wonder if her statement the other day finally pushed them to make an agreement at all
Yes, the "You are not graduating, you are getting fired" kind of agreement. I love how it was "never about the money" and she was "going to fulfill all of her goals" but now she is getting the money and not finishing the goals. Idol is not very subtle in telling she tried to scam her fans

Panopticon

Resident Lovebug
This just backs up my thesis that "Phase is just edgy Hololive and Idol is just Edgy Nijisanji."

However, I'll provide a caveat that Idol is way better at being Nijisanji than Nijisanji ever was.

Limkin

Rin dubbing on a dumb whore unintentionally is the most Rin thing to do

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
This is stupid. You've mostly considered rewards, and downplayed risk.
Positives:
  • Extra subs
  • Boosted in algo
  • Boost in (front-loaded?) income
  • Extra donations, esp from people who don't normally donate (maybe)
Barely stated negatives:
  • Do them sparingly (you didn't define what sparingly is or why)
  • Front-loading, some might stop donating normally (no concrete #s and you downplay it by saying they'll just double donate)
I'll rephrase it again but call it a "i will do some work in the future-o-thon" and think about how that works with mentally ill vtubers. "I will give you money now and you do some shit in the future" is stupid. In a lot of countries it can be considered fraud. It's also a huge risk. What if the person gets sick? What if they die? Your company now has to deal with that shit and it costs staff time which costs you money and focus. And supposedly these "donothons" give _all_ of the money to the talent, so you're siphoning money from the business to the talent in a way that isn't super visible.
Well, I kinda figured it was obvious why you wouldn't want to always be begging your audience for money. And if it's not, you can look at people like Darksyde Phil and their lives. Turns out people don't like being constantly begged at for money. And no, I don't have "concrete numbers" because I can't simulate multiple universes where one talent does a donothon and another universe where the same talent doesn't do the donothon but everything else stays the same. That's a midwit observation to make. However, for those that are not midwits, when a bunch of people independently decide to do donothons, who make their careers as streamers, and have access to all the numbers you're on about, you can probably accept their expertise on the subject and say they've all decided that, overall, donothons are worth the extra effort they require and then do your best to understand why they decided that.

Now, for the rest of it: most vtubers actually fulfil their donothon goals, those that don't usually offer refunds so they can't be sued for fraud (see Pochi's graduation notice), a person getting sick can fulfil their goals later (and donothon goals usually take months to fulfil anyway) and the fact that Idol corp decided that donothon money would go straight to talents without being subject to the talent/agency split seems more of a problem for Idol Corp than for the concept of donothons or donating to them.

Limkin

Now, for the rest of it: most vtubers actually fulfil their donothon goals, those that don't usually offer refunds so they can't be sued for fraud (see Pochi's graduation notice), a person getting sick can fulfil their goals later (and donothon goals usually take months to fulfil anyway) and the fact that Idol corp decided that donothon money would go straight to talents without being subject to the talent/agency split seems more of a problem for Idol Corp than for the concept of donothons or donating to them.
Just to have it here in one place and to show it's mostly a Pochi problem not idol:
Juna set very simple goals, most of which she finished during donothon itself. And the only one marked unfinished is a cover of chat's choice
Yuko has things left that require getting in touch with a publisher or waiting on a lot of people other than her. She will probably not finish lewd ASMR with the way things are currently going
Fuyo also has things left that require a lot of commissions and waiting on a lot of people
Rin has fanart left and she also did most of the goals during a stream itself like Juna
Coni has the usual suspects of unfinished covers and things that require irl engagement
Kai is the same with covers and fanart
Momo is covers, fanart, vlog and "chosing outfit for school" whatever that is
Poko has a lot unfinished but it was in November and... you guessed it, it's mostly covers and fanart
Now, Roca did fuckall, but she also did it at the very end of December and is probably feeling her ass being lit on fire right now
Notice how all of them only did one donothon, with generally easily achievable goals, and most of them, including the 2nd gen who did theirs half a year later, are all finished when it comes to things they could've done themselves
Pochi promised a lot of things that are very time and money consuming, did two donothons, didn't deliver on this goals, and one of her goals was "Pochi & other Idol girls Future Off Collab Escape Room/Funhouse Vlog". So basically everyone else has to do things so she could get the money from it. The fact that she was allowed all of this is squarely idol's fault, no doubt they should've told her to scale it down or fuck off. But not delivering and picking this goals in the first place is also strictly her fault

bothyourhouses

Kickstarter/Patreon do not allow LLCs (acronym may vary based on country but the concept is the same--an entity to limit liability) on their platform.
I love it when people base their bullshit nonsense on blatantly false claims, it makes it easier to debunk. Kickstarter not only allows corporate entities, they have a whole set of instructions on using Stripe Atlas to set one up.

Laidho

Avalon's Most Wanted
Was gonna say. Remember Mighty Number 9? That was a Kickstarter disaster propped up by a company.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Her statement

20240324-031022.png
Archivist edit: a

give whoever the fuck said mutual misunderstandings fake internet points if this is true and not coded speak for "im a dumb bitch who sought to steal from the jewvault"
Aviel you kike piece of shit YOU HAD ONE JOB!!!! :urtearingmeapart::urtearingmeapart::urtearingmeapart::urtearingmeapart: YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO THROW HER INTO THE WOODCHIPPER FEET FIRST :botanheadshake: YOU HAD TO GO FULL NIJI!!!!!

shitposting aside, seems like pochi pulled a fast one on head jew and it paid off. I'll commend him if he learned from riro and decided to pull up. Whether or not you agree with what riro did, the way they fired her ass was very unprofessional and I don't think they recovered from that blow. Idol may live another day but you just wait till they deploy ES, if they hired latinxs they're fine but if they hired the type of whores in the LATAM scene, oh boy... :kiarachefkiss:
Even GSS wouldn't want this kind of Black Idol.
:SelenHAHAhere:

wrp

• 5 donors
  • 5 tiers of Dono promises
  • The promises are from $1/$10/$100/$1,000/$10,000
  • The actual promises don't matter, you can make them up
  • One person donates $1, second donates $10, third $100, fourth $1,000, last $10,0000
  • Total donated is $11,111
  • 3/5 promises get delivered and the talent leaves/dies/terminated/whatever
How do you refund the money?
40% back to each donor? What if it was the promises that the $10k/$1k/$100 guys donated to that were delivered? How do you handle that?
Is it 40% to each donor, or 40% back each indiviudal donor?
You refund $1 to the first guy, $10 to the second, $100 to the third, $1000 to the fourth, and hope to fucking Yahweh the last doesn't ask for one. And if he does, somebody pays it out of their own pocket, because the whole point of offering refunds is being willing to take a financial hit for a big PR boost. If you're expecting to still be in the green on it afterwards, let alone intentionally trying to crunch the numbers to make it happen, you have a very jewish mind.

Arznbae

wtf is happening

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Curiously this was posted in not-riro's discord following this event's conclusion

View attachment 66715
lmao slut got her feelings hurt.

About Pochi's W, excellent gambit my nigga.
She put Aviel in a checkmate so this is was the best solution for the company. I still think they should be allowed to call bitches out but the public perception in the west is that the company is always wrong, even with receipts, kinda insane if you think about it because Aviel would be acting on donors' interest and not himself like the Riro fall.
Well, good luck to the woman that out-jewed Idol, let's see if that investment will work for your future (probably will, simps have no hobbies and too much money to know better to not support bad women).

VOtter

Stunned But Dumb

If the troons haven't got to her already.

I didn't watch that, but if clicking on it changes my recommended section, I'm making a voodoo doll of you

God's Strongest Dragoon

VOtter

I didn't watch that, but if clicking on it changes my recommended section, I'm making a voodoo doll of you
It came up in my recommendations after watching clips of Rin and the shark.

Incognito is the way to go with these cursed things.

God's Fattest Moojisan

Don't watch Vtubers, do hard drugs. Better for you

Laidho

Avalon's Most Wanted
Top Bottom