"He just straight up insults me! He calls me a 'pen'! ~'Your pen!'~ Omae wa pen~da! Anata wa pen... da! Kusogaki! You brat... wait, was I wrong? it's incorrect? I'm sorry I'm sorry! I was tricked"Roboco (vs Duolingo)

Please tell me there are non-pozzed fan/writing/anime communities out there.

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Have you watched/read Re:Zero before? Honestly there are quite a few serious Isekai out there already. Not saying it's a bad idea, just that subverting the genre isn't new either.
For some reason i never realized this was an isekai, i had heard of it but thought it was some sort of game or shounen and never paid much attention to it.
So i tried reading the LN and just couldn't get into it :depressedtako: The laidback way all of the characters talk like they know this is all fake and are just standing around chatting about how funny the situation is, the meta commentary about isekai, the author constantly TELLING instead of SHOWING and blatant info dumps make me unable to go a paragraph without rolling my eyes. I don't think the premise or characters are bad but the way it is presented makes it a chore to get through even the first chapter.
I will try to watch the animu to see if that hooks me, otherwise ill probably just put it off until i have absolutely nothing else to consume.

Look at me trying to sound like some sort of critic to a bunch of strangers... my autism knows no bounds
That's my opinion on it from the anime thread back when you mentioned it there. The animu was pretty similar so I didn't like it either.
I dunno, I genuinely tried reading it but I just kept getting pulled out of it by the dialogue, It's just so casual for some reason and it makes me unable to take it seriously.
Mc goes "oh hey I'm in another world! Woah that's kinda weird huh?" and then they have to chase this thief girl but they just... stand around... doing nothing and acting awkward like middle-schoolers and FUCK MAN, then the story decides to chill because MC fainted, but now they're on the lookout again, but now it stops again because of some rando girl ARRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. NEVER AGAIN
Idc if it "gets better later", if it didn't manage to hook me in the first chapter then I don't have time to cringe myself to death on this shit until it finally does.

Last edited:
Top Bottom