"El come culow! hahaha! Yo come culow! Too ers puta! lol 'luh leche de mee madre... NO! no! nonono, no bien! neygativow bien! how'd you say 'no'? Luh leche de su madrey! Luh leche del culow! prostata!"Lia Rinkou
  • Stress test complete for now, posting has been reenabled.
  • I am unironically begging vtubers to stop reading imageboards. Your lives will immediately and tangibly improve. You know who you are.

NYANNERS LEAVES VHOESHOW

VTuberThrow

Kind of funny to me that the only two members with solid relationships both ditched. Also, how pissed must VShojo management be that they couldn't figure out a way to keep some of their biggest talent. If they lose Mouse to contracts too that will just be an insane failure.

The Scream Guy

Genuinely Mentally Handicapped
Kind of funny to me that the only two members with solid relationships both ditched. Also, how pissed must VShojo management be that they couldn't figure out a way to keep some of their biggest talent. If they lose Mouse to contracts too that will just be an insane failure.
Also two founding memebers... If mouse and fr**t leave than all of g1 Vshojo are gone

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
I really don't think it's quite set in just how fucked Vshojo is now.

They may survive these departures, they may convince Mouse to stick around to keep consistent cash coming in. But there is literally nowhere for this company to grow; they've peaked, and depending how the next year or so goes they either have a sharp dip or a long and depressing fade to irrelevancy coming up. Nobody's getting a return on the millions that were pissed away into it, and with fewer talents on board (thus fewer numbers to show), new opportunities will be few and far between.

While none of the talents are doing horribly numbers-wise to my knowledge (apart from Hajime, obviously), the only person they have who'd attract other high-profile talent on board and be a lightning rod for lucrative business opportunities is Mouse. Who could get sick and snuff it at any moment.

Even the JP side isn't reliable long-term, Nazuna's obviously been having problems and Kson's made it clear she'll bounce the moment a better deal's put in front of her. Interesting times ahead.

kestraline

Early Adopter
Froot update. No, she hasn't said anything about pink cat yet. Instead she has replied to Gavis Bettel.
1682997192602.png

So yeah, she ain't bringing it up, she's had enough time to say something about Nyanners and instead isn't saying anything.

Either she has nothing good to say about this, said something to pink cat privately about her leaving, or she has been told to shut up and stay quiet on twitter given the mess last time around that resulted in Mummy having to come to her aid and defend the missing money to charity. Especially now that it looks awful that three of the more high profile talent have left, and possibly Ironmouse might too if this contract really is absolutely dogshit.....but Froot is still there and there's no way Froot is leaving as she would have by now. That doesn't look good for the company no matter what.

Honestly surprised nobody on Twitter has jumped onto her yet asking why she is staying quiet about a co-worker leaving. She's more interested giving attention to that one guy who she made a model for back in the day.

No matter how many responses you give him, she still isn't getting a fucking collab out of him, wouldn't be surprised if Cover have made it clear to him that she's not allowed on his stream due to the drama that would come out following any announcement about it.

Last edited:

Jean Valjean

Brimming with salt

I'm going to be honest, I only half paid attention through this since I don't find Aethelstan very interesting to listen to, but I suppose it's clear that vshojo's business model doesn't work. Silver stirring up rrats aside, Nyanners and Vei made sure to strangle speculation in the cradle, but everything being purely business arguably says more about vshojo's business model than catty high school level drama. People don't watch Ironmouse because she's vshojo, they watch her because she's goddamn Ironmouse. It's the talents carrying the company name, not the other way around.

Nenélove

Malding, seething and shitting
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

I'm going to be honest, I only half paid attention through this since I don't find Aethelstan very interesting to listen to, but I suppose it's clear that vshojo's business model doesn't work. Silver stirring up rrats aside, Nyanners and Vei made sure to strangle speculation in the cradle, but everything being purely business arguably says more about vshojo's business model than catty high school level drama. People don't watch Ironmouse because she's vshojo, they watch her because she's goddamn Ironmouse. It's the talents carrying the company name, not the other way around.

You actually make quite the good point. Some may disagree with this but when it comes to Holo and Niji the corpo itself has a sort of appeal that makes people watch their chuubas, so a lot of people are loyal to the corpo and not simply the talents. With vshojo it is as you say, it was created as a grouping of already popular people, and so the group has nothing to do with their popularity.

The Holiest Hole

Needs to stop using imgur links
Thinking about how Vshojo works it could be a profitable concept. A revolving door company where the company finds, handpicks and advertises indies that are "guaranteed" to entertain then after 1 to 2 years after they've grown their fanbase they leave the nest and keep all their assets. Vshojo could've become a critical company to aggregate and advertise indies that the average chuuba fan is too lazy to look for.
If only they didn't rig their auditions and tank the goodwill of hopeful indies.... and look like a demon because half of the EN mainliners are running far far away from the company.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Thinking about how Vshojo works it could be a profitable concept. A revolving door company where the company finds, handpicks and advertises indies that are "guaranteed" to entertain then after 1 to 2 years after they've grown their fanbase they leave the nest and keep all their assets. Vshojo could've become a critical company to aggregate and advertise indies that the average chuuba fan is too lazy to look for.
If only they didn't rig their auditions and tank the goodwill of hopeful indies.... and look like a demon because half of the EN mainliners are running far far away from the company.
You are right for a part but i dont know is there a way to see how much their fanbases have grown since joining and how many they are losing by chosing to leave

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife

Nyanners discussing her leaving in yesterdays stream. A lot of non-statements and corpospeak to make it clear she's not going to say anything to create drama or rrat.
I do find it interesting that she says her contract wasn't the only reason she left, that this has been building for months, she doesn't think being with the group was for her and she wanted to be indie in and of itself.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Nyanners discussing her leaving in yesterdays stream. A lot of non-statements and corpospeak to make it clear she's not going to say anything to create drama or rrat.
I do find it interesting that she says her contract wasn't the only reason she left, that this has been building for months, she doesn't think being with the group was for her and she wanted to be indie in and of itself.

> Doesn't want to create drama or rrats.
> Makes statements that will create drama and rrats.
:amepopcorn:

Harrow Prime

Not Like Before.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
...huh.
nyanners is now mythic property

archive

Last edited:

cucurut

1683142837150.png
(a)
The duality of woman. Less than 24h to betray indie Army. Amazing.
:kroniibitchclap:

Anything OTK related is nepotism, drama and vain clout chasing. Thankfully I see absolutely nothing of value lost.

Last edited:

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
So what do we reckon, singing a contract on impulse, or pre-planned poaching?

In most cases I'd say obviously the latter, but a lot of people involved in this situation seem very, very dumb.

Praid

Just another idiot

In most cases I'd say obviously the latter, but a lot of people involved in this situation seem very, very dumb.
It has to be poaching right? I mean the timing is just too perfect. Plus it's Nyanners, she's not known for loyalty.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Ironmouse is part of Mythic as well, despite being part of vShoujo, so it's not quite the same thing as being in a corpo.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Ironmouse is part of Mythic as well, despite being part of vShoujo, so it's not quite the same thing as being in a corpo.
The same for Veibae she joined while in Vshojo so its weird that Pink Cat waited to leave Vshojo to join if there is no problem

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife

I'd assume planned based on her comments about wanting to/thinking about leaving for a while. She literally streamed once between the leaving and joinup announcements.

Top Bottom