"Do I sound like a guy to you? don't answer that..."Fujikura Uruka

Vidya Games Thread

UberSoldat

A solid bundle that includes Trepang, Worms, Escapists, and Golf with your Friends

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
A solid bundle that includes Trepang, Worms, Escapists, and Golf with your Friends
Neat. Been wanting to pick up Trepang. Might pick this one up.

As a reminder to anyone looking to pick this or anything else from Humble, Amiya is partnered with them, so if you use her as an affiliate when purchasing, it helps her out (and she deserves it)! Not sure if she'll post the direct link for this one, but still.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
:kroniiphone:
Screenshot-2024-04-30-213352.png

There you are. Playing your Old World 4X, and all of a sudden, your holy Egyptian lands have Jews. You didn't ask for this. You didn't choose this. And yet, there they are.
ididntchoosethis.png

Still, I've definitely been having fun with Old World.
:BijouBijou:
1000007002.jpg

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
HELP I CAN'T FIX HER

God's Fattest Moojisan

Don't watch Vtubers, do hard drugs. Better for you

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
After diving more into the "X" part of Megaton Musashi W: Wired, I'll save the Part 2 essay once I finish unlocking all of the content, because it just doesn't seem to stop. Here are some preliminary notes that will be incorporated, for anyone on the fence of playing it:

-Five difficulty modes: Normal, Expert, Master, Megaton, Megaton II, unlock through story. All repeatable missions can be cleared in each, giving "First Clear" rewards to incentivize playing every mission on every difficulty at least once.

-Main story seems to be roughly 25-30 hours if done in a straight line. Side content, however, is several hundred hours across multiple game modes including PVE, PVP, a Roguelike mode, clear a mission once and you can see the loot table for maximum farming efficiency.

-The sex scene was cut from the game, and is anime only. Why it was included in the first place, I'll never know, but it actually is surprisingly relevant to the overall story with a thinly veiled "post-birth abortion vs stem cell research debate" sub-plot. No, I'm not joking, I wish I were!

-If you're wondering how to unlock [X], when in doubt, progress through the story. Clear a story mission, things are likely to unlock - side missions unlock areas and functions as well.

-Combat is an arcade-style ARPG beat-em-up on ground and air, unlock combos and weapon skills through the Motherboard development system. You can go very fast, but so do your enemies, auto-target is your best friend until you get used to the speed to minimize mistakes. There are bonuses for manual aiming and precise evasion, as an example of what a skilled player could possibly accomplish.

-Level up + enhance + mod your equipment, progress through the Motherboard development tech tree with loot drops. Allocate skill points to each pilot, increase your overall power for every mech in your team. Elemental + damage attributes with RNG modifier rolls and color-tier rarity on each piece of equipment (though only weapons have elemental and damage attributes), and each piece of equipment/mecha can have different paint jobs. Collect one of each color tier rarity and maximum enhancement to unlock permanent stat bonuses for all of the mechs in your team. Lots of these equipment and mods can be crafted as well, utilizing loot drops and recycled materials, to help speed up the perfect-roll grind. Unironically, a better ARPG build and loot game than Diablo IV.

-Progress in PVE and PVP is separate, so that you don't bring over your tricked out build in competitive, and all equipment is equalized in level with its own motherboard to progress. They also have different loot inventories, so grind the PVP mode to get PVP gear, because the developers understand that people will want to make overpowered builds to fight against superbosses in PVE, without ruining the balance of PVP.

-PVP is very much like Mario Kart with its item spawns: tug-of-war arena based team deathmatch where you break boxes that could have randomized skills and team benefits, so it's entirely possible to nuke the opposing team when they're seconds away from victory.

-If you want to unlock [X] feature in PVP, play the story! Seriously, play through the story, things will constantly unlock, and the Japanese players are already years ahead of you so get any advantage you can!

-Why play PVP or the Roguelike mode? Because there are exclusive Mecha sets to those modes - same with co-op, where you get currency that you can spend on a treasure box with a chance for a part in the co-op exclusive set. The developers really made sure that there is always a reason to play the content they make for the game, even if it is just filling up your collection or getting the best stats on a mode-exclusive set piece.

-You also unlock things through achievements, and you get achievements by clearing most content in the game. It's a constant stream of rewards that gives resources, equipment, decals, various customization and progression based rewards to incentivize doing activities you normally wouldn't on a casual playthrough.

-Everything about the game is anime, and that seems to be a filter for some people who just want to skip the story and get to mowing down enemies with mechs. Hot-blooded Shonen protagonists falls in love with Alien Princess while his childhood friend remains forever in the cuck chair. Daily life at school, in the city, and on the battlefield. Mecha choreography and battlefield drama. Misunderstandings rampant, over-reactions, so on and so forth. Guys will look at this and say "hell yeah".

-If you enjoy anime, especially Super Robot Anime, you are going to love this game. Tourists will be otherwise filtered, especially with the stereotypical flamboyant man who is a regular part of Command HQ and constantly flirts with everyone, and the multiple scenes where the joke is "these boys must cross-dress to infiltrate a location and are made fun of by squad members". In fact, you know this game is going under the radar because game journalists aren't making a stink about it yet.

In other news, Paradox is about to jump on the Minecraft/Factorio train with yet another Early Access game that will probably be undercooked, I would be greatly surprised if it wasn't at this point:

Otherwise, EFT has some competition that just released after their disastrous PR in the past week, please look forward to it dominating twitch whether you want it to or not (sleepy don't look):

Last edited:

God's Strongest Dragoon

In other news, Paradox is about to jump on the Minecraft/Factorio train with yet another Early Access game that will probably be undercooked, I would be greatly surprised if it wasn't at this point:
I haven't delved too deeply into checking it out but it looks more like an attempt at making their own Satisfactory. I'm hoping they do a good job but I have a feeling there's going to be a huge dearth of content like fluids and automated cargo transfer via trains and trucks.

UberSoldat

Another day, another wave of layoffs

I hope none of you play Riot games

Last edited:

God's Strongest Dragoon

lol. lmao even.
helldivers2mandatory.png

[a]

Extra hilarity.
helldivers2grossing.png
[a]

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
lol. lmao even.
View attachment 69258

[a]

Extra hilarity.
View attachment 69259
[a]
Yeah I'm not doing that.
I'm fucking sick of third party accounts and launchers just to play games I bought on Steam as it is, to say nothing of the fact that Sony has some of the worst data security in the entire industry and that I don't even own a Playstation. Then you get into PSN accounts aren't available in every region and the principle of the thing obviously.
If they force this through I'm just not going to play Helldivers 2 any more. Easy. There's more games than I could feasibly play in the next 10 years already in my Library never mind on the platform, and I'll probably try my luck for a refund because my purchase is no longer functional too.

Last edited:

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
This is the only win Sony is going to have this year, and possibly even next year, so obviously they had to kneecap it at its peak

At least I can reclaim the space on my SSD unless they change their mind once one of the devs tells them, with no uncertainty, how stupid of a decision this is

...Then again, by the time its reversed (if at all), it might be too late to convince people to come back

Last edited:

God's Strongest Dragoon

Yeah I'm not doing that.
I'm fucking sick of third party accounts and launchers just to play games I bought on Steam as it is, to say nothing of the fact that Sony has some of the worst data security in the entire industry and the fact I don't even own a Playstation.
Fuck dude, it hasn't even been a year since their last data breach in October. This shit happens every few years with them.

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
"Technical issues" my ass. Looks like the announcement hit 700 replies (mainly negative, unsurprisingly) before it was jannied.

Last edited:

God's Strongest Dragoon

"Technical issues" my ass. Looks like the announcement hit 700 replies (mainly negative, unsurprisingly) before it was jannied.
711 comments and zero likes before being jannied. Total Snoy Death.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Refunds and lolsuits, those are the only things execs listen to. Vote with your wallet, as cliche as it sounds.

God's Wingiest Winger

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
So people trusted Sony to not fuck with Stellar blade and Helldivers?

Maybe that npc shit is real, people will believe stuff that are just spoken to them apparently.

God's Strongest Dragoon

[a]
27k negative reviews in less than a day. The "recent reviews" is about to be negative soon.
recentreviews1day.png

EDIT: The Helldivers thread on the farms is already starting to dox the fag janny CM that was stirring up shit.

Last edited:

God's Wingiest Winger

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Airi is the only video game journalist I follow

Remember kids, you are hitting the age where you find out that you are not allowed to have nice things

Last edited:

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
lol. lmao even.
View attachment 69258

[a]

Extra hilarity.
View attachment 69259
[a]
Streamers are coming out strong against this, and PirateSoftware appears to be one of the ones speaking out the most.

He came out swinging every strong on his stream today. Some choice clips -

Even streamers generally viewed as the "Nice Guys" in the community are coming out and calling the situation out.

So summed up:

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
Except this is the standard loud vocal minority and Sony will go on like nothing happened. They got all the money of the people that were going to play already. I wish they'd go "Our bad!" and switch this back and uncensor Stellar Blade, but I just don't see that happening.

Last edited:
Top Bottom